Umoe Schat-Harding is the global market leader in marine life saving systems and offers the largest worldwide service network in the industry. When designing, manufacturing and servicing, we provide lifetime support for a wide range of innovative lifeboats, davits, winches and rescue boats which all have one purpose: the safe evacuation of crews, passengers and offshore workers.
What is Umoe Schat-Harding?
- We are a truly global company consisting of over 800 employees worldwide
- We operate in 13 countries, with 25 offices and a service network that consists of more the 60 stations worldwide
- We have manufacturing plants in Europe, Asia and the Americas
- We are a global service network, which provides maintenance, spare parts, repairs and refurbishment wherever it is required
- We train our own engineers, service engineers of our service partners, staff and crews for our clients and also inspectors and surveyors for classification societies and governments
- The service, support and training are all aimed at ensuring that safety at sea is constantly improved
Our customers are the world’s leading shipyards, offshore energy operators, cruise ship operators, shipowners and operators of every type of ship, governments and navies. They all have one thing in common, the desire to provide their workforce with the best possible safety equipment, maintained to the highest level.
We are constantly innovating and working with customers and governments to find ways to improve safety at sea. We were the first to develop freefall lifeboats, the first to use new technology to produce simpler and more robust modern lifeboat systems, the first to develop pull and go mega lifeboats for cruise ships and the first to develop a global lifetime service and support network.
All our products meet and exceed SOLAS, LSA Code and all required government standards. Often they lead those standards, and we work closely with governments to bring improvements to safety into regulation, so that all mariners benefit, not just those employed by our clients.